2.20.2008

Abby Gets to Ride






Abby finally got her day in the sun with the neighbor's toy car next door. His name is Jacob, and Abby now calls him her buddy. When she first saw him riding it, she ran up to me and said, "Mommy, ask him if I can ride it." I explained to her that his mommy wasn't around for me to ask. So a week later, when his mommy came out with him, she said, "Now you can ask his mommy if I can ride it." She never forgets a thing.
Anyway, after making her acquaintance, I asked her if it would be okay to lift Abby over the fence so she could play with Jacob for a little bit. -- [Previous to this moment, they had been playing through the fence. At one point, Abby put her hand over the fence (while standing on the higher garden part), and Jacob held her outstretched hand for a few seconds.
It was too cute. ] -- She agreed.
I had no more lifted Abby over when she was crawling up into his car. Jacob's mom said it was fine, amidst my rebuke of Abby's presumptuousness. However, Abby needed driver's training. She kept getting into accidents. So we told her to scoot over and have Jacob drive, since he, at the ripe old age of 4, is apparently a pro. She happily agreed, and they had a blast! Here are some photos of the event. The picture of Abby is dark because it was dusk by the time we gave her another chance at the wheel (which was still a big mistake).

No comments: