2.15.2008

Forces for Entropy

The Entropy


Force 1


Force 2



Do you want to know what I do all day? Well, at least part of what I do all day. I am constantly putting things back that have been taken out, usually by my youngest. I walk around and see shoes taken out of the shoe caddy (which I'm still working on her not touching), toys out of the toy box, tupperware out of the cupboard (the kitchen cupboard I've designated the girls' cupboard), letter magnets off the fridge, magazines out of baskets, and on and on...not even to mention their bedroom, which is always a constant tornado of toys. Abby has a little blame to take for this mess; hers is just a little more purposeful, but nonethless messy. And yeah, I know I need to train her to clean up, but it's always more work and time to have her clean up her own messes. I usually have her "assist," which generally means she puts one or two of the 30-piece toy back into the container/bag/box/compartment. I often will notice one toy on the ground, in the hallway, for example, and I will ignore it. It will literally stay there several days/weeks before I finally get to it. A lone toy is often not worth the energy expended relative to the satisfaction of a clean surface. Now, a group of toys put away is well worth the energy spent. And what about grouping toys back into their families? Putting the cup and saucer with the tea set, for example. That occurs once every 6 months or so. That's usually when I begin to have a meltdown of sorts, pondering the vanity of trying to fight entropy. Oh well, I guess this is my life right now. I sure do love my two little forces; it's only the entropy that makes me feel a little useless at times. :)

No comments: