Lately, Abby's been picking up on all the spelling we do around here...and the fact that usually it's tied to some kind of treat or something good. So today my mom said, "I was going to ask you if you want to go get a s-h-a-k-e"; Abby immediately said, "What are you talking about?"
For awhile now, she's been doing her own spelling when she wants a treat of some kind, for example, "I want some i-c-e c-d-m (or some other creative letter combination)," which usually refers to the fudgcicles in the freezer. She knows the first four letters are i-c-e c, so then she adds other letters of her own after that.
Also, a couple months ago, she identified the word "Costco." It was the first word she could identify all on its own, probably because we go there a lot, and the name is in big bold red letters above the entrance to the store. The incident was cute. I was looking at some photos I had ordered from Costco (in December, actually), and on the front of the photo envelope was the name of the store. She came up, "Mommy, Mommy, that says Costco!"
No comments:
Post a Comment