Under a stormy sky this evening, Abby looked up at part of the sky and said,
"Teeth, Mom, look."
Me: "Did you say teeth?"
Abby: "Yes, the clouds look like teeth."
Looking up at the sky, sure enough I saw what clearly looked like several teeth lined up on the jawbone of an alligator.
Me: "Yeah, it does look like teeth, Abby, like alligator teeth."
Abby: "Maybe we're inside of an alligator."
Me: [Playing along] "Grrrrrrrr!...Did you hear that noise?"
Abby: [Giggling] "Yeah. Uh-oh, I can't move. It's sticky in here."
My imaginative child.
Also, lately Essie's figured out that when you eat, the food disappears down into your tummy. "When I eat food, it goes down here in my tummy, Mom."
So one morning when Daddy walked into the bathroom without his shirt on, ready to wipe her little bottom, she looked up at Daddy and said, "Oh, Daddy, you ate a LOT of food!"
Out of the mouths of babes...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment