11.07.2008

Are You Okay?

[Esther sitting on her potty in her new Snow White heels]

This happened several weeks ago, but it's too cute not to blog about.

Eric and I were with the girls at Costco, and Esther (my almost-2-year-old) told me she had to go potty. So we rushed across Costco, about a football field's length (from the milk to the front of the store), to take her to the bathrooms. After sitting her on the toilet, I crouched down so that I'm right in front of her, face to face. Her little feet were dangling over the edge of the toilet. Suddenly in the stall to our left (her right, I guess), the woman let out a loud and prolonged fart (toot, if you prefer it more PC). Essie's eyes suddenly turned to saucers; she gasped and looked at me. Then she turned in the direction of the woman's stall and said, "Are you okay?"

Hilarious. Of course, the woman was probably too mortified to respond. Trying to supress giggles, I explained to Esther that the lady was just fine, that she was going potty. The concerned look never left her face. Too funny!

No comments: