Today for breakfast, I gave both girls a bowl of dry cereal. It happens to be a kick that Abby's on right now. "No milk in my cereal, Mommy. I just want it without milk." So I give her a glass of milk on the side and figure, Who cares, as long as she's getting milk somehow.
So for Esther, who isn't crazy about breakfast anyway, I figure dry cereal is just as good as nothing. :) I usually give her a few Cheerios or some cereal of the like on her tray after she eats a bit of banana. Well, the addition of the bowl was just too much fun for her. She was so jazzed about it, just kept smiling and babbling on about it. She always gets to "see" Abby with her bowl of dry cereal, but never gets one herself, until today.
She began copying whatever Abby was doing. When Abby ate one, Esther at one. When Abby picked up the bowl, Esther did too. Abby decided she was going to count the "Honey Bunnies" (a cereal Grandma Lexy brought to commemorate Easter), pulling them one by one out of the bowl. Esther decided she wanted to get in on the game. It went something like this:
Abby: "One..."
Esther: "Dwooooooo...." (Esther's version for two)
Abby:"Two, three, four, five...."
Esther: "Dwoooooo....."
Abby: "Six, seven, eight..."
Esther: "Dwooooo...."
Too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment