Abby was telling me that Esther wanted to get in her "crib" (her Pack-N-Play) last night [this is the latest thing of Esther's, telling us she's ready for bed by going up to the "crib" and whining to get in]. Abby told me several times, but I was busy, and it wasn't time for her to go to bed, just yet. So I kept putting Abby off. Well, teach me a lesson. I hear Abby giggling, and I go in the den, where Esther's crib is, and Esther is IN THE PACK-N-PLAY!! I stood in horror, picturing Abby lifting her up 2.5 feet and hoisting her over the edge and then Essie's long drop into the Pack-N-Play (thankfully, it's padded with 3-inch foam). I quickly assessed Esther, fearing broken bones or injuries. She seemed just fine, happy to be snuggling with her blankie.
Now, yesterday, I had specifically told Abby not to lift Esther into the "crib" (which I caught her trying to do), so today she was in trouble, and she knew it. I said, "Abby, what did you do? Daddy, come in here quickly!" When I called for Eric, she turned her bottom to me and said, "Spank me, Mommy, spank me."
No comments:
Post a Comment