3.05.2008

Hablas Espanol?

Abby's latest fascination is Spanish. She wants to know what every thing/object is in Spanish. She asks this way: "Mommy, what does nose mean in Spanish?" She means: "Mommy, how do you say nose in Spanish?" Since my limited 2-year high school Spanish jaunt often leaves me floundering for the word, I usually slink off to the Web and look it up on my Spanish/English dictionary. "I don't know, Abby; let's see, oh, nose is 'nariz' is Spanish." Then comes the next thing/object she can find to ask about, "Mommy, what does head mean?" This time I know, "Head in Spanish is 'cabeza.'"

Last night, while munching on a cookie, she asked, "Mommy, what does cookie mean in Spanish?" Having no idea, we looked it up again on the Internet. "Oh, cookie is 'galleta' in Spanish, Abby." So she looks proudly at her cookie and says, "I'm eating a galleta."

2 comments:

grammy said...

love it! obviously extremely intelligent little girls. from an unbiased gramma

Sarah Ferguson said...

Hola coma esta?